Monday, December 15, 2008

Sons

Have you ever had one of those days where you just want to strangle your children and then they do something to make you realize that they are a TRULY special gift from God?
The other day, Nolan was being a holy terror. I was ready to trade him in for a new model. Nothing he did was a good choice. I don't want to embarrass him later, so I will save all his bad deeds in my head and hopefully forget about them.
Well, I had to run up to Costco to get a couple things. Of course, I tell him that he needs to be good. We are there and he isn't making a peep. Finally, when we are done shopping, I realized we hadn't eaten lunch so we will get a slice of pizza. We sit down and out of Nolan's mouth comes, "So Mom, how was work? Did you have a good day? What did you have for breakfast? Waffles?" It melted my heart. I reached across the table and gave him a hug and told him that I Love him! Thanks God, for helping me out that day! I was at my wit's end until that point!

2 comments:

Bren's Life said...

What a cutie.. Isn't true, that they can drive you nuts then wham they do something to remind you how much they love you..

Bren's Life said...

And you love them!