So, Michael is back in the hospital. They had to come down yesterday. He has severe Anemia and they have to take out his Kidney. Unfortunately, he will have to wait on his "Make-A-Wish" trip, which was scheduled for next week. He really wanted to go during Christmas time, since it is his most favorite time of the year. So he may need to wait until next year.
The Doctor said that he will have his surgery next Monday after some heavy doses of steroids. He got a blood transfusion last night, so he should be feeling better today. The doctor also said that he could be discharged for Thanksgiving and go back on Monday so that he can spend the holiday with his family. Depending on where the kidney is in his body, he could be in the hospital anywhere from 1 to 6 weeks.
4 comments:
thanks for keeping us updated. Your poor nephew...he seems like such an amazingly strong boy. He is in our thoughts and prayers!
Sorry to hear that--hope all goes well. Kids are so strong--it is amazing what they can get through. Thanks for updating us.
I sure hope & pray all will be ok. I'm glad he was able to spend Thanksgiving with you guys..
Thanks for going shopping with me today. I had a lot of fun!
I've been praying for Michael-keep us updated.
Post a Comment